JA Submit 2.1 works with JCE 1.1.0 beta 2!

If you’re like me you’ve tried out JA Submit (or tried to) and had some issues to deal with along the way. I know I had some problems with a couple of items, which I was able to figure out once I turned on PHP error reporting (being a PHP noob, that was fun enough!). Once I got that resolved, I came up with a pretty funky error (only on IE) that was complaining about a function not being defined.

I scoured the web for an answer – I have a website configured with Joomla 1.0.12, JCE 1.1.0 beta 2, and a bunch of other stuff – the answer I found wasn’t the one I wanted to hear: JA Submit doesn’t work with JCE, go find something else to use!

Hmmm, I thought – could this be true, could it be that I can’t use the one component I REALLY wanted to use (JA Submit) with the editor I REALLY wanted to use (JCE)?? Being from an IT background and from a testing background at that, I just couldn’t let it go – so I started digging. Guess what? I FIGURED IT OUT!!

I found that for whatever reason ja_submit.html.php wasn’t calling the .JS files needed for JCE to work properly. I added the following code at line 25 in ja_submit.html.php and viola! it worked just like it’s supposed to!

Remember if you use this code to replace the yourwebsite.com with your website’s url… also , look at the line where it references the .css for the particular template (if used) you have and change the path there too.

Posted on
Wednesday, March 28th, 2007
Filed under:

No Comments Yet to “JA Submit 2.1 works with JCE 1.1.0 beta 2!”

Comments are closed for this article.

Mastrio Web Page is proudly powered by WordPress
Revolt Basic theme by NenadK. | Entries (RSS) and Comments (RSS).